Where is he?

Apparently the story goes something like this... I was traveling off to a far distant land, across the open ocean, and my vessel fell from the sky and I survived the landing on a beautiful tropical island, which I have now called my home for 8 or so months. (It's hard to keep track with scratchings on your wall :) I've scraped by an existence by hiking through rainforest and collecting fruits and berries, and by fishing the ocean blue. Many had wondered...where has he gone? Has he fallen off the face of the earth? Or has he perished! Forsooth! Say it is not so! Fortunately, among the wreckage, I was able to piece together a computer and jerry-rig a connection to the internet! And voila! I now bring you word from the fabled island of Maui!

Ok, ok, so I apologize for silliness, but yes I have been out of contact for awhile, and the true account is slightly less dramatic. Yes I really am on the beautiful tropical island of Maui though! After seminary graduation I was placed here for a position as full-time teacher and part time associate pastor. I have been doing well, and the people have been quite welcoming to me. And no, I don't live in a grass hut or sleep on the beach :D But the people at Emmanuel have been really great to me, and I've had a lot of help adjusting to the role of teacher in the school here.

I really have been hiking through the rainforest, and have gone fishing though, and it is a beautiful place to call home. I decided that I would like to continue posting my sermons on the blog, even if I don't get a chance to do much else. Being a first year teacher is very time consuming, yet rewarding at the same time. That is why I've been away from the blog for awhile, as well as kerygma and table talk. Hello to you folks in there! If you stumbled across this! Also, I'm saving money by not having internet at home, so I have less time online. Anyhow, God bless! Thanks for your prayers, friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sermon on Mark 14:12-26 and Exodus 24:3-11 for Maundy Thursday. "The Blood of the Covenant"

Sermon on Isaiah 40:25-31, for the 4th Sunday of Easter (1 Year Lectionary)--Jubilate (Shout for Joy) Sunday, "Who is Like God?"

Colossians 3:12-17, Wedding Sermon